To receive weekly CCPJ Email updates, click the box below:
Archive of past mailings
Nullify the NDAA (Well, the Detention Bit of it, not the Massive War Spending) in Virginia
On the last day of 2011, President Obama signed the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which allows the government to imprison anyone—even a US citizen—in military detention indefinitely and without trial. This law threatens the very fiber of our nation, and We the People must demand that our rights to trial and due process be restored.
And Virginia has a chance to do just that. State Delegate Bob Marshall recently introduced H.B. 1160, which “prevents any agency, political subdivision, employee, or member of the military of Virginia from assisting an agency or the armed forces of the United States in the investigation, prosecution, or detainment of a United States citizen in violation of the Constitution of Virginia.”
On Monday, February 6, the Virginia House Courts of Justice will vote on whether to send the bill for a full House vote. To make sure the bill moves forward, the committee members need to hear from you.
Is your state delegate a member of the House Courts of Justice? If so, call to ask them to (1) amend H.B. 1160 to restore the due process rights of "all persons in the US," and (2) vote on Monday to send the bill to the House floor for a vote.
The committee members:
- Chairman Dave Albo: firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-698-1042
- Delegate Robert Bell: email@example.com, 804-698-1058
- Delegate Ben Cline: firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-698-1024
- Delegate Peter Farrell: email@example.com, 804-698-1056
- Delegate Todd Gilbert: firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-698-1015
- Delegate Gregory Habeeb: email@example.com, 804-698-1008
- Delegate Charniele Herring: firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-698-1046
- Delegate Sal Iaquinto: email@example.com, 804-698-1084
- Delegate Joe Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-698-1004
- Delegate Terry Kilgore: email@example.com, 804-698-1001
- Delegate Manoli Loupassi: firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-698-1068
- Delegate Jennifer McClellan: email@example.com, 804-698-1071
- Delegate Jackson Miller: firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-698-1050
- Delegate Randy Minchew: email@example.com, 804-698-1010
- Delegate Richard Morris: firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-698-1064
- Delegate David Toscano: email@example.com, 804-698-1057
- Delegate Ronald Villanueva: firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-698-1021
- Delegate Vivian Watts: email@example.com, 804-698-1039
Raise your voice and demand that your elected officials protect your rights. Call or email them today.